Monday, January 19, 2009

Some sewing....

Do you ever start at a favourite blog, click on a link to somthing else where a pattern/idea/piccie takes your fancy so you click on it, then something else pops up and soon you have no idea how you got to where you are? Well that very thing happened to me and I found myself at rostitchery's blog. A few of my friends are glamming it up these days and I've found myself thinking about more than just jeans and t-shirts everyday so my interest was pinched by her infinity dress - multiple ways of tying it, forgiving for tummies and hips, cool, comfy and most of all I had the perfect olive green fabric in the stash that doesn't ever need ironing - perfect! So I set to work...











I love that you can get so many different 'looks' from what is essentially a circle skirt with 2 straps attached. Amazing! I wore it out yesterday and did feel quite lovely, especially when a complete stranger came up to me in the supermarket and commentd on my dress! I think I will make it again but attach a boob tube thingie/bit for more coverage but for a first attempt, and with cheap stash fabric I'm rather happy with it. Thanks to my sister too who agreed to model for me!
I'm also super keen to have a crack at her little people dress for Charlotte as well as an origami skirt for myself. I do have lots of fabric in the stash so am planning on getting going once school goes back for the mister.



9 comments:

Georgie said...

Wow! I like it very, very much, and what a gorgeous colour. (I did wonder who the model was until Izaak appeared!). Might have to have me a crack at that one!

Lea said...

that is fantastic - and I do love a good green.

Bec said...

You definitely should G - it's dead easy and looks great! Was thinking it would be good for you - easy to BF in ;-)

Crazy Mumma said...

Oh so nice!! Now you know that you have to model it too ;) That colour would definitely look great with the tan you have going too ;)

Might have to go and check out that pattern a bit more...

Michelle said...

I love that! It is so clever!

Bron said...

ooh - pretty!!!
i'm itching to do some sewing too!!!

DrK said...

that is one impressive dress! im not surprised people comment, its gorgeous. clever you!

Leonie said...

Just read your next post on Google reader but it isn't showing up on your blog so I thought I'd add my comment here instead!
My mum used to have a plaque on the wall when we were growing up (6 kids, two parents, a cat all in a SMALL 3 bedroom, 1 study house)
"My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy". I, with three small boys LIVE by this maxim! Yay for the organized mess LOL!

Ylana said...

What an awesome dress! So versatile!