Friday, August 8, 2008

Ravelympics - FO #1 - Neckwarmer

Finished the first project for the Ravelympics. Yeah!

Yarn : Shepherd Lamswool 12 ply in Avocado.
Needles: I am a hopelessly tight knitter so the pattern is for 5.5mm and I went up to a 6mm knowing that with chunky yarn it would be a bit bigger which ended up being the perfect size!
I'm not in the sub-60 minute category like the wonderful quilting mick - more around 90 minutes for this little baby but I can tell you now that this will be repeated. Quick and easy pattern that looks good and is snuggly and warm - particularly in this yarn. I wanted a neckwarmer to wear under jackets when a full scarf is too bulky. I think this fits the bill perfectly.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks fab! I love it! I am a big fan of the neckwarmer, I have to say. And I crocheted mine, so it's always going to be faster (more holes! That's a crocheter's joke.)

Georgie said...

I love it too! Have to make one NOW! And you had added degrees of difficulty with the cables.