Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rollercoaster Riding

Sometimes life here feels like such a rollercoaster - we go from the highest of highs to some quite low points. I think this weekend has been a really good example of that - from yesterday morning where the house was cleaned to within an inch of it's life, the kids were happily playing together and I even did some baking!! - to tonight where I'm feeling pretty darn crap. Tummy doesn't feel right, children are cranky and fighting with each other, head feels cloudy and the house is less, alot less, than perfect. Yuck. Yuckity, yuckity, yuck. So I did what I do and abandoned the book and tucked myself up on the couch and watched telly.

I flicked between dancing with the stars (because I'm a sucker for the costumes - give me a sequin and I'm yours!!) and the offspring premier. I happened to be on DWTS when the elimination bit came on. David Wirrpunda eliminated himself and it was such a lovely example of true sportsmanship and grace that I've seen in a long time. He was scoring well below the other couples and really didn't seem to be in the same skill level and so decided to step aside for the sake of the remaining contestants. What a brave and couragous decision. They had footage of him going to a remote college for Indigenous students as well which I thought was really lovely - to see someone so involved and passionate about their community and the younger generations. I was impressed!

Anyone else watch offspring? Thoughts?


Sometimes life feels like such a roller coaster - the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in just hours.

2 comments:

Trudi said...

I watched Offspring, and laughed a lot. I loved the line the girl used when flirting with the hot Dr and talking about his circumcision scar - "I'm a nurse". Think I will enjoy the show a lot, my warped nurses sense of humour had fun with it!

Michelle said...

I loved Offspring. I was surprised that I did. I love that it's not just a comedy, but a drama too. But gawd I wish she'd stop answering her bloody iPhone!!