Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm... spinning around... move out of my way....

Well I'm not quite Kylie but I have spent a morning with Penny learning the ins and outs - well as much as my brain could take anyway! - of spinning. There is just so much to know but I'm really hoping that my wheel and I become good friends over the coming few weeks/months and that I can get the hang of doing different things with my hands and feet at the same time! So, this is the *hopefully* new best friend....

The yarn that Penny and I spun today - well Penny mostly spun and plied together. My contribution are the big slubby and teeny tiny thin bits that really don't look like a decent yarn should....

and the roving that Penny gave me to get me started...
So the plan is that in a few days I'll be back posting piccies of my wonderfully even, just the right amount of twist, yarn that I've produced *insert roaring laughter here!*

No comments: