Friday, July 25, 2008

My first haircut!

Izaak hates having his hair cut - there are so many sensoryissues around lighting, smells, sounds of the dryers and clippers etc etc etc - so we have about 5 a year, well spaced apart and much talked about in the days prior. His hair was getting pretty feral but with me being sick I really wasn't up for the fight that is a certainty so I decided I'd do it myself.

I should have taken a before piccie but it was long and feral at the back and around his ears. I've never cut hair before but I figured if it went really really badly we'd cop the crap and go to the professionals. He wanted it short at the back and ears so it doesn't scratch but a bit longer at the front so he can still have spikey hair (' I *need* to be like Sonic mum') when he wants to - personally I don't see the link but hey whatever keeps the kids happy is alright with me! I don't think I did too bad...

In other exciting news I've scored a sunnyboy bag from the wonderful quilting mick. Hopefully I'll be able to go to SnB next week and pick it up - these are selling like hotcakes so I feel lucky to have scored not one but two! The knitting WIPs are again a bit out of control so my project this weekend is to get the button band and sleeves on Helena, another slipper so I've got a pair, I've decided to frog the Bamboozle clapotis so I want to get that done as well. Spotlight seems to be having an end of season sale on yarn too and I couldn't resist trying some Lion Brand Cotton - $11.99 marked down to $4.99 so I'm hoping Charlotte will have a purple tank/dress for summer but we'll see what happens.

3 comments:

happyspider said...

you did very well, he looks adoreable :)

Michelle said...

I think you did a better job on Izaak's hair than my hairdresser does on mine! Izaak and I both seem to have a Sonic thing going as well.

So glad you got a couple of sunnyboys! And you picked sich lovely ones too (although they are all lovely - I get very attached to them!)

Georgie said...

Nice work! And yay for Sunnyboys - I got one too!!