Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Some holiday thoughts

The connection here is pretty shoddy so I can't get any piccie's to upload. To be honest, it hasn't been as relaxing as I would have liked. The kids have been fantastic although Izaak's behaviour today has been less than fantastic, he had had alot of changes to routine/environment over the past week or so. Charlotte is her usual charming self and hiding her sly little antagonistic behaviours but there has been hop-scotching, tree climbing and drawing going on. I am finding it hard as well as the 82 years are starting to show on my wonderful grandma. I love her to bits and contemplating a day when I can't sit in a recliner next to the fire and her knitting away while chatting together is breaking my heart. She is fit and healthy and for 82, doing really well but the thought is still there that we never know how long we've got. She has also lost alot of friends over the past 2-3 years which is hard for her as well. We've done a bit of shopping, cooking and organising the house a bit better so that her internal, spiral, staircase won't be so much of an issue.

On the knitting front I have been going hell for leather on Helena and since Sunday have gone from the cast on to almost 3 repeats through the lace section and hope to finish the lace before I head home. I have had some gauge issues though and so it is considerably longer than the pattern but I've decided it will be in a good - cool - jacket sort of way.

I've got a lovely forest green kid mohair that I had planned as a capelet but the yarn just isn't working with the pattern so back to the drawing board for that one. My aunt was recently visiting and wore my clapotis for an evening out on the town with my mum and loved it so today I've cast on a clappy for her in a Panda yarn called Lily which is a polyester/alpaca/acrylic blend which is quite nice to knit and the colours are coming out nicely. Set-up section done so far.

I think the wee ones and I will head home over this weekend - I'd love to be home for the fibre day at the old bus depot markets on Sunday and just feel like it's time for us to come home.

No comments: