Friday, July 18, 2008

Stash busting slippers

I finished off the 1st of the stash-busting slippers and I've got serious concerns. This thing is bloody huge!!! Now I have made a Boogie bag which Charlotte was able to hide in and we couldn't see her at all before it went into the washing machine so I know that knits felt well but I'm feeling very nervous about this one. The pattern is fuzzy feet from Knitty and the yarn is Lincraft Cosy Wool 8ply on 6.5mm needles. The other week when we started our garden Izaak spotted the cactus plants at Bunnings and there were a few with cute little plastic eyes on them and I was in a good mood and he had been really good so I relented and he bought 'spikey' home. So here is the slipper with spikey for size guide...

The 2nd slipper will be a reverse of colours to this one although I'm 99% sure I won't have enough of the purple left so we'll see what happens. It's currently up to the decreases in the heel section so if everything goes to plan I'll finish it off tonight watching the TDF. I blame avalonne for my new found TDF interest and consequential lack of sleep! ( in a good way of course!) I have to say, I've never been much of a TDF fan, infact, I've never taken any notice of it but this year I've been caught up and very interested in a number of KALs which seem to be happening and watching the progress of Bells and the dedicated TDF KAL blog I've been motivated to get things done and have had more FOs in the past week or so than in the previous few months!

Unfortunately it will all come to a grinding holt next week when I start back at uni - Chronic Illness, Child & Adolescent Health and Indigenous Health - will assessment starting in week 4 *shock*. Good news though - 1 of my subjects doesn't have a prescribed textbook *yah!*

No comments: