Monday, June 9, 2008

Baking Leftovers?

Sounds a bit strange doesn't it!?!

I came across this recipe on tiKKi's blog a while back and had bookmarked it because it looked good. Tonight was cottage pie night and I had leftover mash and although doubtful because it was mash potato, pumpkin & cauliflower, rather than plain mash, I had nothing to put in tomorrow's lunchboxes so decided to give it a whirl.
About 30 seconds to mix it all together and get it oven-ready...
35 minutes in the oven (I do have a VERY dodgy one though!) cooling time and a bit of lemon icing and the result....


We each had a bit for dessert tonight and it is yum! Mine didn't rise very much but it's very moist and the combination of the fruit and lemon icing is really nice. I'll definitely be making this one again - I've actually got another one in the oven right now to take to a friend's for a study date tomorrow. Oh and you can't taste the cauliflower at all!

No comments: