Sunday, June 8, 2008

My 1st attempt at colour work

So I cast on for the fake isle hat last night and was really surprised at how quickly it was coming together. 8pm I cast on, 11pm I went to bed and had completed the ribbing, set up and first 8 rows for chart 1. Got up this morning and finished it off. So total knitting time about 5 hours and it was a fantastic pattern for the handspun. Not totally happy with the results though. The rib at the front doesn't snuggle in and it isn't quite deep enough for my big noggen. It's close to fitting Charlotte so I'm going to intentionally felt it a little bit and it will be hers. I've got enough of the handspun left over to make another one so I'll change the rib and add rows for more depth for my own. Anyway, not bad for a first attempt!

1 comment:

Georgie said...

Looks great! The handspun has come up beautifully against the white, good choice.

Bummer about the sizing though! Lucky you've got a growing head in the vicinity that will suit it just fine.