Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday is picnic day....

We had a lovely picnic at the Carillion with my sister & her littlies, mum, dad and my two treasures. I love going there on Sundays because they have the bells playing, the music is lovely and the bells always fascinate the kids. I'm not sure if they've changed the signs or I just haven't noticed it before but they have a screen there and when the music is playing you can actually watch live video feed of the person playing it (I have no idea what they are called - carillionist?) My dad is one of a kind, you know the ones who pack everything but the kitchen sink? Well this was his effort - this was a "basic" picnic for 5 adults & 4 children....
Complete with bikes, scooters, a mountain of food, drinks and toys we settled in for the afternoon. The weather was quite nice although a little chilly when the wind blew but it was a glorious Canberra winter day. The kids fed the ducks and then we had some swans come over and Izaak even managed to hand feed them which of course was just fantastic as far as he was concerned. The kids had a go and scooting and riding. I can't believe Charlotte is riding her big bike so well and is only just two and a half! Of course there was the obligatory wrestling match with granddad and being winter, throwing of the massive amounts of leaves at each other was also a must! I was feeling lucky, very lucky and attempted (which by now I should know better!) to get a piccie of my two together. I must add that pictures (*decent* ones I might add!) of my two children together are a rare event. So what happens when you get the two ferals who have been tearing around the park for a few hours together and ask them for a nice photo of them? See below for the results....
We arrived at around 12ish and by 3pm we'd all had enough. It was starting to get really cold and everyone was starting to get tired and crabby. It was home time. But what happens when you mix lots of food and drink, playing, running, scooting, wrestling, leaf throwing, duck and swan feeding and general craziness with an autistic six year old? Why meditation of course!

1 comment:

Bron said...

aaah they're so cute!!