Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tic... Toc... Tic... Toc...

Isn't it funny how things change? A week ago I would have some free time and have to choose between knitting, study, housework etc. For the past few nights I've had time to just sit and contemplate the world and not feel guilty about whatever I was choosing to do. Uni is finished and I've gotten a few things off the needles so I've got nothing hat I HAVE to do.

Little people are well and happy - another double thumbs up day for Izaak today and talking to his teacher it seems he has been very productive this week in terms of handwriting and reading which is definitely encouraging. Charlotte is just being Charlotte and I love her to death. We've had a few playdates this week which has been really nice and has somewhat quelled my motherly guilt about having her in care full time. I know that it's the way it has to be until my degree is finished but it stinks that she spends more time with her family daycarer than she does with me and I just have to remember that I'm working towards a better future for my family and it will all be worth it in the end.

I cast on for Helena tonight with some Lion Brand cotton yarn in a fantastic shade of purple that I hope will look fabulous on my Charlie Bear. It's knitting up beautifully but I've realised I've made a mistake on the 2nd row. Now do I frog it or live with mistake and just keep going? My gauge is a bit off too but I just can't seem to get it right and figure it will be better to be a bit big than a bit small anyway...

No comments: